JOIN Film Archives UK today
Film Archives UK (FAUK), which was incorporated as a limited company with charity objects in 2011, brings together professionals from film and television archives in the UK that are working to deliver public benefit. It is also open for associate membership by those agencies and commercial interests that have a direct interest in the preservation, storage, cataloguing, copying, access and re-use of archive moving image and sound.
FAUK invites you to become a part of the network of archivists, industry professionals, scholars and supporters of moving image preservation and access.
Whether you are facing the challenges of archiving analogue material in the increasingly digital world, grappling with solutions for born-digital materials, or have an interest in exploring the rich potential of our screen heritage to engage users and audiences, FAUK will introduce you to the fast changing world of moving image archiving.
Membership of FAUK provides you with an opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and share information with a whole network of moving image professionals, as well as providing you with a range of benefits including:
Benefits of membership
- invitations to attend all FAUK meetings and events
- access to discounted registration fees at FAUK conferences, workshops and seminars
- access to all FAUK training, skills and practice programmes (discounted fees where applicable)
- listing in online members’ directory, with web link to your organisation
- benefit of joint publicity / promotion / advocacy initiatives
- benefit of joint funding and development initiatives
- opportunities to raise the profile of your own moving image collection or related interest through links with other members
- use of FAUK logo
As a FAUK member you can contribute to:
- development of standards and best practice across the sector
- growing new and diverse public engagement platforms for moving image heritage
- advancing the skills and training provision that are vital for the future of the sector
- evolving initiatives to accelerate the digitisation of screen heritage
FAUK Membership is open to:
- UK-based organisations with direct responsibility for a moving image collection
- Organisations that wish to engage with and support the work of FAUK and its members
- Individuals who wish to support and participate in the work of FAUK
There are four categories of FAUK membership:
For UK-based moving image archives and collections which exist for public benefit and aspire to uphold FAUK’s Statement of Principles, articulated in Moving History – Towards a Policy for the UK Moving Image Archives. Full members are entitled to vote (one member one vote) at all general meetings.
Associate membership (organisations)
For UK-based organisations with a direct interest in engaging with and championing the work of FAUK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
Associate membership (individuals)
For UK-based individuals with a direct interest in engaging with and championing the work of FAUK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
For organisations, companies and individuals who wish to support the work and aims of FAUK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
Membership subscription rates:
The payment year corresponds to the financial year, April – March, with subscription invoices issued in early April.
- Full membership: £300
- Associate membership (organisations): £150
- Associate membership (individual): £60
- Sponsor membership: £150
Please download and complete the membership application form and email to the FAUK Treasurer: email@example.com
Payment is made when you attend your first meeting.
We look forward to welcoming you to FAUK!